Terms and Conditions
1. Lifestyle Travel (Pty) Ltd (“LT”) is an on-line travel agency which sources, amongst other things, flights, accommodation and car hire. It also assists with visa applications. LT sources these services for its clients. The term “client” / “you” or “your”), includes any booking made personally or on behalf of or for the benefit of any other person/persons.
2. LT enters into the arrangement on behalf of clients who can either use LT’s website/ on-line portal or travel consultants employed by LT (“travel consultant”) who make travel bookings or similar arrangements for clients.
3. Notwithstanding that LT sources the various services from its service providers, the client shall, at all times, remain responsible for any amounts incurred in respect of a booking whether made on-line or through a travel consultant.
4. The terms and conditions set out below apply to all bookings made by any client, whether on this website or through the services of a travel consultant. By making a booking you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions, both on your behalf and on behalf of anyone in respect whom you are making a booking. The terms and conditions set out below will apply to your booking and will govern all dealings between LT and you.
5. These terms and conditions may be amended by LT from time to time. Any such amendments will appear on LT’s website and will be binding on you in respect of any booking made by you.
6. Travel arrangements and prices detailed on LT’s website are provided and co-ordinated by LT in conjunction with its online service providers in respect of flights, accommodation, car hire, tours and/or any other service offered by LT. LT has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check that all information on its website as provided by its service providers is correct as at the time of compilation. The information contained on the website is not provided by LT but is supplied by the relevant airline, accommodation provider, car hire agency and/or tour/cruise operator. The information as provided as aforesaid is integrated into LT’s online booking system. LT accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy or miss-description contained on its website. To the extent that any prices are inaccurate and need to change for any reason whatsoever, the client undertakes to pay any such increased price.
7. In providing you the services offered by it, LT uses the services of various service providers. In providing its services to you, LT is neither principal nor an agent of the service provider. LT acts as a conduit between you and the relevant service provider.
8. Should the services be cancelled by such service provider, LT takes no responsibility and shall bear no liability in respect of such cancellation and no claim shall lie against it for such cancellation.
9. The standards of accommodation, tours and/or cruises and/or any other services chosen by LT are based on various factors, which are generally accepted as indicative of a certain class. However, the client bears the onus of ensuring that it is satisfied with the service to be provided.
10. It is the responsibility of the client to check with LT’s fully trained travel consultants regarding any queries relating to the terms and conditions contained herein, any booking, any price and/or any changes or variations to the information contained on LT’s website. This will enable such travel consultants to advise the client of any changes that LT is aware of either before the client books his/her/its holiday or prior to the client’s departure.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKINGS
11. Bookings may be made either directly on LT’s on-line portal or through a travel consultant. In either event, these terms and conditions apply.
12. Quotes, Rates and Price Variations
12.1. Our quotation system accesses both live pricing and static pricing depending upon the service provider. It is not uncommon for service providers (e.g. Airlines, Tour Operators and Hotels) to sell out, alter or withdraw prices including advertised special rates. If prices, rates or inclusions vary from your quotation or from an advertised price, we will advise you of any change prior to your booking request and any transaction being processed. If you do not wish to proceed with the booking at the new price, you may cancel the booking request at no cost to you.
12.2. Any price quoted to you by LT is based on costs provided to LT by service providers at the date of quotation. And a final booking is dependent upon payment which should therefore be done as soon as possible after a quotation is received. Should payment not be made within the required time period, the booking may become invalid at the quoted price and a re-booking will be necessary which may be at a different price. You bear the responsibility for ensuring prompt payment and the risk should the booking not proceed by reason of your failure to pay on time.
12.3. Once your booking has been confirmed and payment received, any new specials released cannot be applied to existing bookings. Prior to full and final payment being received, LT reserves the right to vary prices and rates in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by wholesalers or other service providers.
12.4. We are not liable in any way if any increase occurs due to exchange rate fluctuations, taxes or service provider notifications. Rates quoted are appropriate to the particular product at the time of quoting and these rates may change prior to the travel date. All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
12.5. Rates quoted exclude any taxes you may be required to pay upon entry or departure from any country. This will be for your own account.
12.6. A quotation provided to you will reflect an estimate of the costs for the service requested. Acceptance of a quotation is always subject to availability. All quotes and bookings are also subject to the terms and conditions of the service provider and you must accordingly acquaint yourself with these. You bear the sole risk should you not do so.
12.7. Prior to making a booking, you should obtain information whether from the service provider used or otherwise regarding the destination, accommodation, itinerary, tour and airline to be used. LT takes no responsibility whatsoever that the services provided by the service provider will comply with the information obtained by you whether from the service provider or otherwise. Accordingly, any right of recourse resulting from a departure from the information obtained by you shall not be against LT.
13. Bookings - Final Payments
13.1. When a booking is made, credit/debit card details must be provided to LT (should you not use the on-line EFT payment system). LT are authorized to use the credit/debit card for any sums that become owing to LT or by LT to any service provider. Full payment may be required by LT in advance depending on various factors including whether the service provider requires advance payment. Where a deposit is made, you undertake to pay the balance to LT (or directly to the service provider should this be required) as and when it becomes due, failing which the relevant booking may be cancelled and any deposit forfeited. A booking will only be confirmed once you provide all your relevant details to LT and have made the necessary payment and/or deposit.
13.2. Bookings made online are payable in full by Credit Card via our 3D secured online payment gateway, Mygate or instant EFT.
13.3. By providing your credit card details and accepting our Terms & Conditions, you authorise LT to arrange for funds to be debited from your nominated credit or debit card, in accordance with the terms & conditions of the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement. An OTP will be sent to the mobile device that your account is linked to. This unique number would need to be inserted on the 3D secured system before payment will be taken from your Credit Card. Your bank or credit card provider may apply currency conversion fees.
13.4. LT will email you a final payment invoice and receipt. Travel vouchers and booking confirmations cannot be issued until final payment is received.
13.5. Any booking not paid in real time and in full within the required time frame, is subject to automatic cancellation without further notification. Deposit conditions for certain accommodation and tour products may vary and we will advise you of these conditions and request your consent prior to proceeding with the booking.
13.6. Mygate: Merchant fees will apply. Fees vary depending on which Credit Card you hold.
13.7. Bookings made by Lifestyle Travel Consultants on your behalf: booking made by travel consultants (offline) will be accompanied with a confirmation which will contain a link that will direct you to our 3D secured online payment gateway. Under no circumstances will we manually process or obtain personal Credit Card information.
13.8. Should you owe LT any amount whatsoever by reason of not paying the full amount due to LT or failing to pay any further charge or administrative fee charged by LT, LT shall be entitled to charge you interest on the outstanding amount at the prime rate charged by its bankers from time to time plus 3%.
13.9. Credit Card Chargeback Fees: Any fees charged to Lifestyle Travel Pty Ltd by our credit card payment provider arising from a chargeback or a disputed charge on the cardholder's credit card will be charged to the cardholder. This fee is non-refundable.
14. Visas and Other Documents:
14.1. Where you or anyone accompanying you on your travels, requires any visas, it is your responsibility to do everything necessary to ensure that a visa is obtained prior to travel. We cannot in any way be held responsible should you not obtain such a visa either at all or before the intended date of travel. Should you be unable to travel by reason of not obtaining a visa either at all or before travel, you shall be fully responsible for the costs of the services purchased by you.
14.2. We can assist with obtaining any visas you may require. Should you do so, you warrant that all information provided for the purposes of obtaining a visa is true and correct. Should the visa be declined whether by reason of the fact that the information contained in the application is not true and correct or for any other reason whatsoever, we accept no responsibility for your not obtaining a visa and/or any damage or loss incurred as a result thereof.
14.3. You are required to provide LT with your (and the persons you are booking for) full names and travel details including, where required, your passport or identity number. Should you not do so, an airline may not permit you to board a flight or you may be denied access into the destination of your choice.
14.4. Once your booking has been issued to you, you must check that the travel arrangements, dates, itinerary and other details are correct. While every effort will be made to change any incorrect arrangements, a name change to an airline ticket may require you to cancel the airline ticket, apply for a refund and have a new ticket re-issued. Should this occur, any fees to be incurred whether in respect of the airline or otherwise will be for your account.
14.5. It is your responsibility to ensure that your passport, together with those of all other people for whom you have made a booking, is valid and to check whether any inoculation certificates are required for the countries to which you are travelling. LT will not be responsible for any failure on your part for not having a valid passport or obtaining any other necessary documents. You are reminded of the special requirements required in South Africa for children under the age of eighteen leaving and entering the country. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with any provisions and/or regulations applicable at the time of departure.
15. Airline Bookings
15.1. Airlines are instant purchase and Airlines require full payment upfront by credit card or debit card only. We are unable to accept direct deposits for airline purchases.
15.2. Insofar as date changes or re-routings on airlines are required while either before or while you are travelling, certain of these dates can only be changed by us and will be subject to seat availability, any fees incurred with the airline and the airline’s policies and fare rules. You may be advised to deal directly with the airline concerned in which event you will be solely responsible to it for any additional fees. Should there be any administrative fees charged to you by LT, you agree and undertake to pay these fees immediately.
16. Flight Cancellation Policy
16.1. Flights booked on this website are governed by the terms and conditions of the airfare you purchased and are determined by the Airline (not LT).
16.2. In most cases, airfares are non-refundable and non-transferable. In some instances, the Airline may authorize the refund of the airport taxes levied on your Airline ticket.
16.3. Airline charges or part or full cancellation fees may apply to your particular airfare.
16.4. A travel consultant will help you wherever possible within these terms and conditions and advise you of the relevant penalties and service fees.
16.5. As LT cannot guarantee the accuracy of the times of departure given to you at the time of booking and as airlines may change such times on occasion, you and anyone travelling with you should reconfirm each flight with the airline. Should you require any pre-seating, or have any special requests, this should be done directly with the airline. It is also your responsibility to check on the baggage allowance permitted by each airline.
17. Standard Cancellation Policy
17.1. Cancellation policies and penalties thereof are subject to the service provider’s prescribed conditions. These will be referred to you at time of booking and before you pay for the service.
17.2. Any request for a cancellation must be in writing and should be addressed to the consultant handling the booking or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17.3. If a refund has been approved it will be paid directly to the client and Credit Card used to purchase the services within five business days of the amount being received from the service provider.
17.4. A travel consultant will help you wherever possible with any cancellations and advise you of the relevant penalties and service fees.
17.5. Special Cancellation Conditions: Certain accommodation and tour products will apply additional cancellation charges. These cancellation conditions and costs are located under the pricing on the individual pages and will be clearly advised to you in writing at time of booking.
17.6. Any amendments made to confirmed bookings will incur a fee; these fees are charged per amendment. This is in addition to any fees that may be levied by the service provider or airline.
18.1. All refund requests must be in writing, and made directly to Lifestyle Travel Ltd Pty. The refund request along with the proof of payment and confirmation can be sent to Refunds@lifestyletravel.co.za
18.2. If a full refund cannot be made for any reason whatsoever, this must be claimed through your travel insurance. Refunds cannot be guaranteed for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather or illness. A processing or administrative fee will apply to all approved refunds which will be deducted from the refund.
18.3. No refunds will be made for services once travel arrangements have commenced.
18.4. Should the service provider default on its obligations in any way or cease operating for any reason, LT takes no responsibility for such default and any claim shall lie against the service provider. For this reason, LT recommends that you take out separate travel insurance which covers such default including any default by an airline for any reason whatsoever.
18.5. Refunds are processed after receipt of such refund from the service provider which may be subject to a cancellation fee by the service provider and an admin fee charged by LT. These will automatically be deducted from the refund. Supplier refunds can take 6-12 weeks.
18.6. Change of Itinerary: Any alteration or cancellation of services after your trip has commenced can incur penalties. Additional charges may apply where the change results in a price variation from the initial price provided. There is no refund for unused services, unless the service provider did not deliver on the agreement.
19. Reporting of Incidents: Any abnormal incidents including injuries, service problems, cancellation of a service or dissatisfaction must be reported to Lifestyle Travel Pty Ltd during the event to allow us an opportunity to rectify the situation or provide assistance. Please email Info@lifestyletravel.co.za
20. Validity of Rates: Prices are valid for the dates indicated.
21. Currency: All rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and are subject to Rate Of Exchange fluctuation.
22. Children's Rates: Where child costs are specified in relation to any accommodation, such costs are based on sharing a room with adults and using existing bedding. Cost for additional bedding and rollways are available on request. (Definition of a child: 2-12 years of age. Definition of infant: 0-2 years of age)
23. Travel Insurance
23.1. It is extremely important that you take out Travel Insurance. It is ESSENTIAL that this insurance covers you for involuntary cancellation of your holiday including airfare(s). For information on the policy sold by LT please visit our Travel Insurance page and make yourself familiar with the Combined Product Disclosure Statement, Policy Wording and Financial Services Guide prior to purchasing the policy. At the time of entering your credit card details on the booking form you are agreeing that you have read both the Lifestyle Travel Pty Ltd &ams; Insurance Terms &ams; Conditions. [Note what/where are these insurance terms and conditions?)
23.2. Full amount on insurance is due at time of booking and policy issued instantly after payment being received. Credit card payments are accepted.
24.1. Accommodation is as specified in the accommodation section of our web sites. All costs are shown in South African Rand (ZAR), unless otherwise stated. LT reserves the right to offer alternative accommodation of a similar standard in the case the accommodation operator overbooks their property or for any reason beyond our control. All rates are subject to change without notice. Not all properties provide instant availability and in these cases LT checks availability once we receive the booking request.
24.2. Check in / Check out Times: These vary according to operator. Generally your accommodation check in is 2pm and check out 10am. Please note that most properties will require a credit card authorisation on check-in and may need to see photo identification. In the instance that you don't have a credit card usually a cash deposit will be required. Any special requests regarding, amongst other things, early check ins, late check outs, location of rooms, etc, must be made directly to the service provider.
24.3. Single Supplement Costs: If not shown in your selected accommodation cost, this is available on application. (Single supplements are applied in instances where a price is advertised as per person and only one person is travelling).
24.4. Accommodation Ratings: Our ratings are for guidance purposes only and are not to be construed with Lifestyle Travel Pty Ltd endorsement. 25. Flights: Airfares show instant availability and fares at the time of quoting. The cost of the flight is paid for in full. This is to avoid strict fees charged by airlines for flight amendments. This may result in fare and/or availability changes.
26. Legacy Lifestyle Earn and Burn Process
26.1. Lifestyle Travel is the official Travel Partner of Legacy Lifestyle. This allows members to earn Lifestyle Rands or redeem Lifestyle Rands as full or part payment towards their travel purchases.
26.2. Rewards that are earnt will be calculated as a percentage of the total value of the reservation and will be credited to the member’s Legacy Lifestyle account 30 days after your purchase. Note however that the member cannot earn Lifestyle Rands on standalone flight bookings.
27. Legacy Lifestyle Redemption Refunds
Should a member use Lifestyle Rands as full or part payment to a product and choose to cancel, the service provider penalties will apply. Lifestyle Travel will levy a fee in order to facilitate the cancellation. The remaining amount will then be refunded to the members Legacy Lifestyle account to the value of the redemption at time of purchase. Should the refund amount exceed the value of the redemption, the remainder will be refunded to the member as a cash component, back in to the method of payment used at time of purchase.
28. Our complaint process
Where possible, we will attempt to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact (the service provider). If we are unable to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact, we will undertake an investigation of your complaint and provide you with our findings. If you are satisfied with our proposed decision or actions, we will close your complaint and record the findings for our continuous improvement program. However, if you are not satisfied with our proposed decision or actions, we will record this, and provide you with information on how to escalate your complaint. Compliments and Complaints and be directed to: Escalations@lifestyletravel.co.za
29. Limitation of Liability
LT does not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of those service providers in connection with either their dealings with LT or in relation to the contract between them and you and over whom LT has no direct control. LT hereby contracts out of any claim for special damages and specifically does not accept liability in contract for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly, whether by force majeur or any other events which are beyond LT’s control or which are not preventable on LT’s part. This includes but is not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of government or any other authorities, accidents, or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action which includes any delay of any aircraft.
30. Private Information
30.1. In requesting a quote or making a booking, you will provide LT with various personal information including your address, e.mail addresses, telephone numbers, contact details, passport and identity numbers, financial information, employment history and information relating to marital status, nationality, sex, race or gender.
30.2. LT shall maintain as confidential all confidential information provided to it in confidence. Notwithstanding this, the client hereby authorises LT to provide service providers of LT such information as may be required by them to finalise your travel arrangements. While LT will request the service providers to keep this information confidential, LT cannot guarantee this and takes no responsibility regarding the safeguarding of such information.
30.3. LT will comply with any legislation which may exist from to time regarding the safekeeping of your confidential personal information.
31. This agreement shall be governed by South African law. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court in respect of any legal proceedings arising out of these terms and conditions.
32. In these terms and conditions, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and words importing one gender shall include any other. The reference to client or person shall mean natural or juristic persons”.
33. The rule of construction in terms of which these terms and conditions shall be interpreted against LT as the party responsible for drafting these terms and conditions, shall not apply.
34. The terms and conditions contained herein consist of all the terms agreed to between you and LT and, unless otherwise specified in writing by LT, there are no other terms and conditions, warranties, undertakings or representations which govern the agreement between you and LT.
35. If LT is required to institute any proceedings against you whether for non-payment of any amounts owing or otherwise, you undertake to pay any fees incurred by LT on the attorney and own client scale.